The Nutcracker Education Opportunities
California Ballet Company serves over 17,000 people in San Diego annually through education and community enrichment programs.
CBC is committed to educating the public in the arts. In-school and in-theater education opportunities are available for The Nutcracker.
- In the Schools: Step by Step – Popular in-school assemblies show how stories can be told using movement and music. Created for k-12.
- In the Theater: Step out to the Ballet – Field trips to see live performances at the theater.
For the Community: Sharing the Art
Sharing the Art is an umbrella program which includes several community enrichment programs:
- CBC appears regularly at libraries, St. Patrick’s Fall Festival in North Park, Art Walk, the Westgate Hotel Tree Lighting, and more.
- The program brings over 9,000 individuals to the San Diego Civic Theatre each year to experience live theater low or now cost. These attendees include LMI families, members of underserved communities, minorities and more.
- Military Night at The Nutcracker, which first debuted in 2010, annually provides approximately 1,600 tickets to active and retired members of the military and their families, and involves a partnership with Operation Homefront.
Judith Sharp, Education Director
4819 Ronson Ct. San Diego CA 92111
Phone 858-560-5676 ext. 124